Monday, December 6, 2010

Inside of Lakeside

Now I'm happy with the outside of my Lakeside model it was time to start thinking about this inside of the model, after a group discussion I decided that the best way to show lakeside was to have lines of shops on either side to show the diversity that lakeside can offer.

To begin with I started by creating the layout for my shop, this was done by creating a simple box and then extruding polygons back into the shape to create the entrance for shop, then taking a picture from google dropped the picture onto a plane via material editor and to show what the shop looks like inside.

Here's a render of the shops:-
















I then copied this layout to create more shops and taking different pictures from google I made a line of shops, I also researched what shops where on the bottom floor of Lakeside.















I then decided to make an information desk with a sign pointing to more shops and the VUE cinema, this was done by using the C-Ext model which create pre-made C shaped blocks, using two of these made up the desk and back of the info centre.

I then added the word INFORMATION onto the back of the Desk and added two i onto the glass back on the desk.

Below is a render of the info desk and the sign:-















I then made the exit sign for lakeside, this was done by using the same method as I did for the main entrance for the text LAKESIDE.

Below are the renders of the exit signs:-
















I also decided to create a small toy stand, the reason I did this, while on a visit to lakeside, outside the Disney shop there was a toy stand selling the little aliens from toy story, I decided to make the stand and the aliens with some spare time I had while waiting for a render to finish.

Below is the alien and toy stand created from basic shapes to get my desired model:-
















Finally I had to add the roof to lakeside, this was done by simply creating a plane and applying the same beige material used for the walls and placing it on top of the opening left by the walls for the roof, I then copied this 3 times to cove the entire roof.

I then copied and rotated each one and applied a white material the same for the walls inside of lakeside so the roof rendered on both sides without going see-through.

Heres a render of the roof:-


No comments:

Post a Comment