Monday, December 6, 2010

Lakeside 3D model [Bottom half of Entrance]

Now that I am happy with the top half of my Lakeside entrance I started to model the bottom half, which would have sliding glass doors as a way into lakeside which will be shown in the animation.

First I started with a basic block and began extruding out the bottom polygons to create an entrance and exit into Lakeside, I then created some glass windows using the same rule as I did for the top half of the entrance, I then deleted the polygons on the entrance and exit, these would be filled with glass doors.

When I rendered this part of the model I found the when I went inside of the entrance I could see out and it wouldnt render the material I had applied, to get around this I copied the model and scaled it down by 0.1, I then went to the modifier list and selected "Normal" this turned the copied model inside out which allowed a material to be shown when I went inside the model.

Here's a render of the Inside and outside version of the model:-















Here you can see on the left the model thats been turned inside out and on the right the orginal model.

After I was happy with this I then had to add the doors that would allow entrance into Lakeside, these were made from simple blocks that I made very thin, I applied the Glass material to these doors, I also added a handle to each door by grabbing a edge in the centre of the block and extruding it.

Here is the render of all of the doors in my model for the main entrance:-

No comments:

Post a Comment